At CSMi we design, manufacture, and market computer-based measurement, training, & documentation products for Athletic Training, Exercise Science, and Physical Therapy. Established in 1982 our products are used in Hospitals, Clinics, Research Centers, Training Rooms, Industrial Sites, and Schools around the world.
Our first product was the HUMan Assessment Computer (HUMAC) for the CYBEX II Isokinetic Extremity System in 1982. Based on an Apple //e computer the HUMAC replaced the CYBEX II strip chart recorder and reduced the time to generate a test report from 1 hour to a few minutes. The HUMAC included a database which added the ability to store, recall, compare, and average test results. While these features are common in today's products at the time this was revolutionary.
The product strategy behind the original HUMAC Upgrade holds true today. We seek out existing measurement, training, and documentation procedures in Athletic Training, Exercise Science, and Physical Therapy that can be improved by applying computer-based product solutions.
- HUMAC NORM Extremity System offers repeatable dynamic, isolated joint measurement and training
- HUMAC Upgrade for CYBEX & Biodex Extremity Systems adds features and improves productivity and reliability of machines already in the field
- HUMAC Balance replaces & streamlines subjective measurement & training routines with objective measurement & training routines
- HUMAC360 provides real-time visual feedback and measurement during exercise
- SportsWareOnline Injury Tracking Software makes it easy record, manage, and report training room information from any web-enabled device from anywhere in the world
Launched in 1982 CSMi is a family owned business located in Stoughton, Massachusetts, USA. Our products are used in over 30 countries and counting!